Chemistry AS AQA New Specification
Length of course: 5 half-day sessions
Boards: AQA (7404) only
This course is board-specific for the NEW AQA AS level specification (7404).
This course is for AS students only.
This course is not suitable for students re-sitting units from the outgoing Chemistry AS AQA (1421) specification.
Links between topics will be stressed throughout and exam techniques will include how best to
approach key mathematical skills questions.
The following topics will be covered:
• Atomic structure
• Amount of substance
• Chemical equilibria, Le Chatelier’s principle and Kc
• Oxidation, reduction and redox equations
• Group 2, the alkaline earth metals
• Group 7(17), the halogens
• Introduction to organic chemistry
• Organic analysis
Where appropriate, help will also be provided for practical skills assessed in a written examination.