Economics A Level OCR New Specification
Length of course: 5 full-day sessions
Boards: OCR (H460) only
This course is board-specific for the NEW OCR specification (H460).
This course is for A level students only.
This course is not suitable for AS level students studying Economics AS OCR New Specification
This course is not suitable for students re-sitting units from the outgoing Economics A2 OCR (H461) specification.
Correct application of the economics toolkit will be emphasised throughout. This process involves
identifying issues, defining key economic terms, developing application of a theoretical framework and effectively evaluating the overall argument.
The following topics will be covered:
• Scarcity and choice
• How competitive markets work
• Market failure and government intervention
• Economic policy objectives and indicators of macroeconomic performance
• Aggregate demand and aggregate supply
• The application of policy instruments
• The global context
• Competition and market power
• Labour market
• The financial sector