Getting Ready for IELTS
Length of course: 5 half-day sessions
This course is for international students that want to be able to either improve their existing IELTS score or prepare to take the test for the first time.
The course is particularly suitable for:
- Pre-university students applying for Bachelors, Masters and post-graduate degrees
- Students requiring to take IELTS for visa purposes
The course is split into 2 x 1.5 hours sessions per day: Speaking & Writing and Listening & Reading. Students may attend either session or both sessions. Students attending only one session are charged at a pro rata rate.
Both sessions will enable students to familiarise themselves with the IELTS test format, create awareness of and learn the exam techniques, learn and practice IELTS academic skills and increase confidence in the relevant area.
The course includes the use of English in:
Speaking & Writing
- Speaking on a variety of topics
- Academic writing for different types of IELTS task 2 essays: discussion, problem and solution, opinion, two-part questions
- Academic writing for interpreting and summarising information provided in IELTS task 1: diagrams, bar charts, tables and graphs
Listening & Reading
- Listening skills and practice: understanding authentic passages
- Reading skills and practice: understanding discursive and analytical texts