Mathematics AS and A2 AQA
Boards: AQA (5361 and 6361) only
AS Level Maths comprises three units, usually two Core Units and one Applied Unit.
A Maths A level comprises six units. There are four Core Units and two Applied Units.
We offer courses covering the following unit combinations for AQA Mathematics:
• Core 1 & Core 2 (C1+C2)
• Core 3 & Core 4 (C3+C4)
• Mechanics 1 and/or Statistics 1 (M1+S1)
Our course is designed to enable students to choose from the following combinations of Core units:
Mechanics (M1) and Statistics (S1) can be studied either on their own or in combination with the core units, depending on the student’s timetable. Applied units are taught over a five day week, with 1.5 hours of contact time per unit per day.
• C1 (MPC1): Algebra; Co-ordinate geometry; Integration; Differentiation
• C2 (MPC2): Algebra and functions; Sequences and series; Trigonometry; Exponentials and
logarithms; Differentiation; Integration
• C3 (MPC3): Algebra and functions; Trigonometry; Exponentials and logarithms;
Differentiation; Integration; Numerical methods
• C4 (MPC4): Algebra and functions; Co-ordinate geometry; Sequences and series;
Trigonometry; Exponentials and logarithms; Differentiation and integration; Vectors
• M1 (MM1): Mathematical modelling; Kinematics in one and two dimensions; Statics and
forces; Momentum; Newton’s laws of motion; Connected particles; Projectiles
• S1 (MS1): Numerical measures; Probability; Binomial distribution; Normal distribution;
Estimation; Correlation and regression
We strongly advise that students have covered the module at school before attempting to embark upon the revision course for that module.
Please contact a Course Director to discuss your individual requirements/combination of units.