Mathematics AS and A2 OCR
Boards: OCR (3890 and 7890) only
AS Level Maths comprises three units, usually two Core Units and one Applied Unit.
A Maths A level comprises six units. There are four Core Units and two Applied Units.
We offer courses covering the following unit combinations for OCR Mathematics:
• Core 1 & Core 2 (C1+C2)
• Core 3 & Core 4 (C3+C4)
• Mechanics 1 and/or Statistics 1 (M1+S1)
Please note: the OCR board offers two specifications: OCR and OCR MEI. Please ensure you book the correct course for your board of examination.
Our course is designed to enable students to choose from the following combinations of Core units:
Mechanics (M1) and Statistics (S1) can be studied either on their own or in combination with the core units, depending on the student’s timetable. Applied units are taught over a five day week, with 1.5 hours of contact time per unit per day.
• Indices and surds; Polynomials; Coordinate geometry and graphs; Differentiation
• Trigonometry; Sequences and series; Algebra; Integration
• Algebra and functions; Trigonometry; Differentiation and integration; Numerical methods
• Algebra and graphs; Differentiation and integration; Differential equations; Vectors
• Force as a vector; Equilibrium of a particle; Kinematics of motion in a straight line; Newton’s
laws of motion; Linear momentum
• Representation of data; Probability; Discrete random variables; Bivariate data
We strongly advise that students have covered the module at school before attempting to embark upon the revision course for that module.
Please contact a Course Director to discuss your individual requirements/combination of units.