A2 Level Business Studies · AQA (legacy)
Week 1: Monday 3 - Friday 7 April
Week 2: Monday 10 - Friday 14 April
Week 3: Monday 17 - Friday 21 April
Length of Course
2pm to 6pm daily
The course examines key topic areas and extensive use will be made of exam-based A2 level questions to illustrate relevant principles. Revision notes and model answers will be provided, where appropriate, and there will be a session on the pre-release research theme on China for BUSS4.
The course will cover all aspects of the syllabus, with particular emphasis on topic areas that students generally find the most difficult. These will be related as far as possible to data response examples, some under timed conditions.
Unit 3 BUSS3 · Strategies for Success
• Functional Objectives and Strategies – examining their appropriateness in the context of corporate objectives
• Financial Strategies and Accounts – making investment information, measuring performance, financial decisions*
• Marketing Strategies – analysing markets, and selecting successful marketing strategies, developing marketing plans
• Operations Strategies – operational issues, location, innovation, improving operational efficiency, including CPA*
• Human Resource Strategies – workforce planning, adapting organisational structures, successful employee relations
Unit 4 BUSS4 · The Business Environment and Managing Change
• Corporate Aims and Objectives – purpose and nature of corporate strategies, stakeholder perspectives
• Assessing Change in the Business Environment – the effects of changes in the economic*, political, social, ethical and technological environment and responses of organisations
• Managing Change – planning for change, leadership and corporate culture, making strategic decisions, decision making
*Denotes an area of difficulty for most students at A2 level.
AS (legacy) Business Studies may be available on request.