We are looking for a candidate to be part of our Support Desk team in our small & dynamic environment, based in Cambridge CB2 with some traveling to the other sister schools of the group.
The role will expect the candidate to have:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, the ability to communicate clearly in face-to-face interactions, by telephone and in email and other written documents are essential.
- Aptitude for learning new skills and the willingness to work as part of a team are fundamental to the role.
- Technical Support: logging, managing and resolving customer IT issues, remote and on-site support, delivering IT infrastructure projects, excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role is essential, as is use of an electronic Helpdesk System would be a must.
- You may be required within other support teams within IT Services as the need arises and to gain experience.
The Ideal Candidate....
Must have previous IT Helpdesk experience as well as a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the IT sector.
Technical abilities needed for this role include:
- Basic knowledge and technical understanding of ICT systems
- Exposure to diagnosing and resolving technical errors
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to users in their use of ICT equipment
- Experience of devising system procedures and policies
- Understating of implementing Interactive Media Technology
- Understanding of Office365 and other Cloud Solutions
- Exposure to Virtual platforms and Windows Servers Environments
- Basic understanding around Wireless technologies
Please note that salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
If you feel that your skill set matches the criteria needed for the Support Desk Technician position then please do not hesitate to submit your application for review.
Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) is a group of independent schools in England, with schools in London, Birmingham and Cambridge, offering GCSE and A-Level courses, Retakes and International Foundation Programme courses.
Suitable candidates may be interviewed as applications arrive and MPW reserves the right to withdraw the position at any time. MPW is committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Staff Recruitment Policy
A CV and covering letter should be sent to:
90-92 Queen’s Gate
Telephone: 020 7835 1355
Application closing date: 29 September 2017.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.