Biology A Level OCR/A
Length of course: 5 full-day sessions
Boards: OCR/A H420 only
This course is board-specific for the OCR/A specification (H420).
This course is for A level students only.
This course is not suitable for AS level students studying Biology AS OCR/A (H020).
There will be exam practice throughout the course and suggestions for effective ways to tackle examination questions.
- Cell structure
- Biological molecules
- Nucleotides and nucleic acids
- Biological membranes
- Cell division, cell diversity and cellular organisation
- Exchange surfaces
- Transport in animals
- Transport in plants
- Communicable diseases, disease prevention and the immune system
- Classification and evolution
- Communication and homeostasis
- Excretion as an example of homeostatic control
- Neuronal communication
- Hormonal communication
- Plant and animal responses
- Cellular control
- Patterns of inheritance
- Manipulating genomes
- Cloning and biotechnology
- Populations and sustainability