Economics AS OCR
Length of course: 5 half-day sessions
Boards: OCR (H060) only
This course is board-specific for the OCR AS level specification (H060).
This course is for AS students only.
Exam technique practice will focus on both qualitative and quantitative evaluation of evidence.
Particular emphasis will be placed on the ‘stretch and challenge’ type of question. As quantitative skills account for 15% of the available marks special emphasis will also be placed on this area.
Correct application of the economics toolkit will be emphasised throughout. This process involves
identifying issues, defining key economic terms, developing application of a theoretical framework and effectively evaluating the overall argument.
• Scarcity and choice
• How competitive markets work
• Market failure and government intervention
• Economic policy objectives and indicators of macroeconomic performance
• Aggregate demand and aggregate supply
• The application of policy instruments
• The global context