Economics A level AQA for Year 12
Length of course: 5 half-day sessions
Boards: AQA 7136 only
This course is board-specific for the AQA specification (7136).
This course is for Year 12 students only.
Exam technique practice will focus on both qualitative and quantitative evaluation of evidence.
Correct application of the economics toolkit will be emphasised throughout. This process involves identifying issues, defining key economic terms, developing application of a theoretical framework and effectively evaluating the overall argument.
- Economic methodology and the economic problem
- Price determination in a competitive market
- Production, costs and revenue
- Competitive and concentrated markets
- The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets
- The measurement of macroeconomic performance
- How the macroeconomy works: the circular flow of income, AD/AS analysis, and related concepts
- Economic performance: unemployment, inflation, economic growth
- Macroeconomic policies and conflicts