Economics A level OCR for Year 12
Length of course: 5 half-day sessions
Boards: OCR H460 only
This course is board-specific for the OCR specification (H460).
This course is for Year 12 students only.
Exam technique practice will focus on both qualitative and quantitative evaluation of evidence. Particular emphasis will be placed on the ‘stretch and challenge’ type of question. As quantitative skills account for 15% of the available marks special emphasis will also be placed on this area.
Correct application of the economics toolkit will be emphasised throughout. This process involves identifying issues, defining key economic terms, developing application of a theoretical framework and effectively evaluating the overall argument.
- Scarcity and choice
- How competitive markets work
- Market failure and government intervention
- Economic policy objectives and indicators of macroeconomic performance
- Aggregate demand and aggregate supply
- The application of policy instruments
- The global context