Mathematics AS and A2 Edexcel
Edexcel 8MA0 (AS New Specification) and 9371 (A2 Legacy Specification) only
8MA0 (AS New Specification)
The following two courses are board-specific for the NEW Edexcel AS level specification (8MA0).
1. Pure Maths: Proof; Algebra and functions; Coordinate geometry in the (x,y) plane; Sequences and Series; Trigonometry; Exponentials and logarithms; Differentiation; Integration; Vectors
2. Applied Maths: Statistical sampling; Data presentation and interpretation; Probability; Statistical distributions; Statistical hypothesis testing; Quantities and units in mechanics; Kinematics; Forces and Newton’s laws
Each course consists of five half-day sessions across either five mornings or five afternoons and
9371 (A2 Legacy Specification)
The following two courses are board-specific for the LEGACY Edexcel A2 level specification (9371).
1. Pure Maths: Core 3 (C3) and Core 4 (C4)
C3 and C4 are revised in combination.
- C3: Algebra and functions; Trigonometry; Exponentials and logarithms; Differentiation; Numerical methods
- C4: Algebra and functions; Co-ordinate geometry in the (x, y) plane; Sequences and series; Differentiation; Integration; Vectors
The course consists of five half-day sessions across either five mornings or five afternoons and costs £550.
2. Applied Maths: Mechanics 1 (M1) and/or Statistics 1 (S1)
M1 and S1 can be studied either on their own or in combination with the core units, depending on the student’s timetable.
- M1: Mathematical models in mechanics; Vectors in mechanics; Kinematics of a particle moving in a straight line; Dynamics of a particle moving in a straight line or plane; Statics of a particle; Moments
- S1: Mathematical models in probability and statistics; Representation and summary of data; Probability; Correlation and regression; Discrete random variables; Discrete distributions; The normal distribution
Applied units are taught over five consecutive days with 1.5 hours of contact time per unit per day. The cost is £225 per unit.
We strongly advise that students have covered the module at school before attempting to embark upon the revision course for that module.
Please contact a Course Director to discuss your individual requirements/combination of units so that a bespoke timetable can be suggested.