Religious Studies AS OCR
Length of course: 5 half-day sessions
Boards: OCR H173 only
This course is board-specific for the OCR AS level specification (H173).
This course is for AS students only.
This course is not suitable for students re-sitting units from the outgoing Religious Studies AS OCR (H172) specification.
Please note that the Developments in religious thought topic will be covered in relation to
Philosophy of religion
- Ancient philosophical influences
- The nature of the soul, mind and body
- Arguments about the existence or non-existence of God
- The nature and impact of religious experience
- The challenge for religious belief of the problem of evil
Religion and ethics
- Normative ethical theories
- The application of ethical theory to two contemporary issues of importance
Developments in religious thought
- Religious beliefs, values and teachings, their interconnections and how they vary historically and in the contemporary world
- Sources of religious wisdom and authority
- Practices which shape and express religious identity, and how these vary within a tradition