AS level Economics Edexcel/A
- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April (including Good Friday)
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April (including Easter Monday)
Length of Course
5 half-day sessions
This course is board-specific for the Edexcel/A specification (9EC0) and is for Year 12 students only. This course is not suitable for students studying the Edexcel/B specification. Exam technique practice will focus on both qualitative and quantitative evaluation of evidence.
As quantitative skills account for 15% of the available marks special emphasis will be placed on this area.
The course will cover the following:
- The nature of economics
- How markets work
- Market failure and externalities
- Government intervention
- Measures of economic performance
- Aggregate demand and aggregate supply
- Macroeconomic objectives and policy
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.