AS level Geography AQA
- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April (including Good Friday)
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April (including Easter Monday)
Length of Course
5 half-day sessions
This course is suitable only for students following the AQA (7037) specification and is for Year 12 students only.
Geography fieldwork investigation will not be covered.
Within each topic, knowledge of specific case studies is a requirement. Case studies will vary from school to school, therefore it will be beneficial for both student and tutor if the student brings their case studies to the course. This course will only cover the compulsory topics within the specification.
The course will cover:
- Component 1: Physical – Water and carbon cycles
- Component 2: Human – Changing Places
- Component 2: Human – Global systems and global governance
- Geographical Skills
The course will not cover the optional units, ie:
- Component 1 – Physical: Coastal systems and landscapes
- Component 1 – Physical: Ecosystems under stress
- Component 1 – Physical: Glacial systems and landscapes
- Component 1 – Physical: Hazards
- Component 1 – Physical: Hot desert systems and landscapes
- Component 2 – Human: Contemporary urban environments
- Component 2 – Human: Population and environment
- Component 2 – Human: Resource security
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.