Religious Studies A level OCR for Year 12
- Week 1: Monday 29 March – Friday 2 April
- Week 2: Monday 5 – Friday 9 April
- Week 3: Monday 12 – Friday 16 April
OCR H573 only
Length of Course
9am to 12.30pm and/or 1.30pm to 5pm daily
This course is board-specific for the OCR specification (H573) and is for Year 12 students only.
Please note that the Developments in religious thought topic will be covered in relation to Christianity only.
The following topics will be covered:
Philosophy of religion
- Ancient philosophical influences
- The nature of the soul, mind and body
- Arguments about the existence or non-existence of God
- The nature and impact of religious experience
- The challenge for religious belief of the problem of evil
Religion and ethics
- Normative ethical theories
- The application of ethical theory to two contemporary issues of importance
Developments in religious thought
- Religious beliefs, values and teachings, their interconnections and how they vary historically and in the
- Sources of religious wisdom and authority
- Practices which shape and express religious identity, and how these vary within a tradition
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.