A2 Level Biology · AQA (legacy)
Week 2: Monday 10 - Friday 14 April
Week 3: Monday 17 - Friday 21 April
Length of Course
2pm to 6pm daily
The course examines key topic areas and extensive use will be made of exam-based A2 level questions to illustrate relevant principles. Revision notes and model answers will be provided, where appropriate.
The course will cover the following:
BIOL 4 Populations and Environment
• Energy transfer and food production
• Carbon and nitrogen cycles, succession
• Inheritance, selection and speciation
BIOL 5 Control in Cells and in Organisms
• Survival and response, receptors
• Nervous and hormonal co-ordination
• Muscle structure and contraction
• Homeostasis, temperature and glucose regulation, oestrus cycle
• Genetic code, protein synthesis, mutations
• Gene cloning and transfer, gene therapy, genetic fingerprinting
BIOL 6 not covered on this course.
AS (legacy) Biology units may be available on request.