NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY)
NCUK is unique in UK higher education. It is a consortium of leading UK universities dedicated to provide international students guaranteed access to universities and helping students succeed when they get there.
NCUK qualifications are recognised by NCUK universities and by most others across the UK, including many in the Russell Group (UK's Ivy League), and also by universities internationally.
Since 1987, NCUK has helped 30,000 students gain access to leading UK universities. NCUK delivers pathway programmes that allow you to gain the skills and qualifications you need to succeed at university.
2017/18 IFP Success Stories:
2017/18 proves to be an outstanding year for our NCUK students. We are delighted with the university offers our NCUK students have received so far:
- 100% of our students applying to higher education have gained an offer
- 73% have received offers from Russell Group Universities
University offers included but are not limited to:
- King's College London (Biomedical Science)
- Birmingham University (Mechanical Engineering)
- University of Leeds (International Development)
- Manchester University (Aerospace Engineering)
- University of Sheffield (Physics and Astrophysics)
- University of Bristol (Biomedical Science)
- Queen Mary University of London (Business Management)
- Royal Holloway, University of London (International Relations)
- Aston University (Applied Physics)
- Coventry University (Economics)
NCUK international Foundation Year
Its purpose is to help bridge the gap between a student's local qualification and starting a university degree.
Why study the NCUK IFY at MPW?
Your best possible start
Most foundation programmes offer you very limited choices, often to just one university. NCUK’s International Foundation Year (NCUK IFY) taught at MPW gives students access to a wide range of universities and degree courses worldwide.
All NCUK programmes also include a specialist English for Academic Purposes module designed to provide the language and study skills that will give students a head start on their undergraduate degrees in the UK.
An accredited partner
As an NCUK fully accredited partner, MPW offers oustanding academic and social facilities, giving students access to a stimulating and safe learning environment. All of our staff are fully qualified and are experts in their field.
Because of NCUK’s relationship with their 16 partner universities, they can guarantee entry into over 3,000 degree programmes in the UK. NCUK also work with a number of partner universities offering progression to successful NCUK IFY students. Students can choose the programme and university that are right for them.
NCUK Partner Universities include:
- Aston University, Birmingham
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Kent
- Kingston University London
- University of Leeds
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- University of Manchester
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Queen Mary, University of London
- University of Salford, Manchester
- University of Sheffield
- Sheffield Hallam University
NCUK students have also gained places at the following universities:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Durham
- University of Edinburgh
- King’s College London
- University of St Andrews
- University of Warwick