Pre-programme – Prepare for success
This programme is designed to give you the academic and English skills you need before starting your GCSEs, A levels or university foundation course. In addition to improving your English language skills, you will also gain knowledge in your chosen subjects, as well as learning more about studying and living in the UK.
After completing the programme, you will benefit from:
- Confidence to progress to formal academic programmes
- Improved proficiency in written and spoken English
- Enhanced subject knowledge
At a glance
- Prepare for A level or university foundation
- Choose a 2 or 3 term programme
- Study split – approximately 60% English language (IELTS) and 40% subject-specific
- Access to a wide choice of subjects such as Maths, Biology and Business
- Assessed through internal testing only
- Age 16+
- An IELTS score of 4.5 or above, or equivalent – Pearson PTE (29-35), TOEFL iBT (32-34) or Cambridge (147)
“Getting into…’ University Guides
Getting into higher education may be the toughest challenge you’ve faced yet. MPW’s careers guidance and university entrance guides can help you pick the right course and the right university, and give you valuable UCAS form help. Written by experts with a wealth of knowledge, MPW Guides are set out in straightforward language. They give clear, practical advice to help you win a place on the course of your choice.