Why MPW – Tailored Not Uniform
When it comes to a good education, one size does not necessarily fit all.
We are one of the country’s best known providers of bespoke fifth-and sixth-form education, offering GCSEs and A levels in over 45 subjects. We are distinctive in many ways, not least in our small groups of fewer than 10 students in each class.
We focus on exam preparation, but also offer outstanding personal support for students. We do not patronise students by allowing low expectations of behaviour or attainment and we help all students to raise their aspirations and give them the confidence to achieve their goals.
MPW is a friendly, flexible college that offers an outstanding learning environment. Find out more by exploring our website or calling us.
The MPW Method
MPW’s reputation is based on its student-centred, hands-on and exam-focused programmes, its broad and highly flexible curriculum, small class sizes, strong pastoral support and renowned university placement assistance. Each college within the MPW Group employs a common methodology that underpins our approach to teaching and learning:
- There is an absolute guarantee of fewer than 10 students in each class
- Tutors are highly qualified to first or doctoral level and many are A level or GCSE examiners for the subjects that they teach
- MPW produces its own printed course materials for all major subjects
- There is a broad range of over 40 subjects from which to choose. These may be studied over durations ranging from one term to two years in any combination to suit the individual student
- All courses are underpinned by a strong exam practice component from the outset. There are monthly revision tests taken in all subjects at every level. And, in the final year during which examinations are sat, there are additional weekly timed assignments – all taken under supervised exam conditions
- At MPW there is an unusually detailed progress reporting to parents. Test and homework results are available throughout a student’s course on the parent intranet, and as well as regular parent evenings there are detailed written reports on each subject five times per year
- Central to MPW’s methodology is respect for students as young adults. We insist on strict punctuality in the attendance of lessons and the submission of assignments but are otherwise free of many of the traditional school rules which teenagers often find restrictive. Tutors and students are on first name terms and we aspire to create an enjoyable, socially relaxed atmosphere in which students enjoy coming to college and working hard.