Audit, Inspection & Accreditation
The college is registered as an independent school with the Department for Education (DFE) and is subject to regular inspection by OFSTED (the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills).
In February 2018, MPW Birmingham was once again judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted. The following conclusions are reprinted from the report:
|Effectiveness of leadership and management||Outstanding|
|Quality of teaching, learning and assessment||Outstanding|
|Personal development, behaviour and welfare||Outstanding|
|Outcomes for pupils||Outstanding|
|Sixth form provision||Outstanding|
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
This is an outstanding school
- Exceptional leadership and management have ensured that the school has maintained and further developed its outstanding provision, including in the sixth form.
- The governors and leaders have created a culture where all members of staff strive to offer academic excellence in an environment which supports and challenges each pupil individually.
- All aspects of governance are carried out well. Governors’ strategic overview of the school is strong.
- Teaching staff are knowledgeable and highly dedicated to ensuring that pupils’ outcomes are the best they can be.
- Through frequent assessment, teachers and leaders keep a keen eye on pupils’ progress. Pupils welcome their teachers’ feedback. Leaders use the information to identify any pupil who is underperforming. They arrange support quickly so that pupils can catch up without delay.
- Pupils, including those who have special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities, make rapid progress from their varied starting points. Pupils leave the school very well prepared for the next stage of their lives.
- Pupils have extremely positive attitudes to learning due to the high quality of teaching and individual support they receive. They work hard and are determined to succeed. Behaviour in lessons and around the school is exemplary.
- The school is a safe and happy place to be. Leaders give safeguarding procedures the highest priority.
- After A levels, the vast majority of students continue their studies in a range of subjects at university. Personal tutors provide effective guidance to individual students on their future chosen pathways. However, pupils and students do not have a broader knowledge of the range of education and work opportunities available to them when they leave the school.
- Leaders have ensured that the school is compliant with all the independent school standards.
“Getting into…’ University Guides
Getting into higher education may be the toughest challenge you’ve faced yet. MPW’s careers guidance and university entrance guides can help you pick the right course and the right university, and give you valuable UCAS form help. Written by experts with a wealth of knowledge, MPW Guides are set out in straightforward language. They give clear, practical advice to help you win a place on the course of your choice.