Pre-sessional English Programme
Our five-week online Pre-sessional English Programme starts on 2nd August 2021 and is designed to support international students who wish to improve their English language skills prior to the new academic year.
The online programme is ideal for students wishing to:
- Improve their level of English to join their desired programme of study at MPW London, Birmingham, or Cambridge
- Accelerate their EAL learning
- Prepare for their studies in the 2021/22 academic year
- Have guaranteed progression to their MPW course
- Our programme focuses on IELTS preparation and also Academic English, including each skill (reading, writing, listening and speaking) – students can expect to raise their overall IELTS score by 0.5 during this programme
- Five-week programme, running from 2nd August to 3rd September 2021
- Lessons take place online between 9am to 2pm (UK time), Mondays to Fridays, 20 hours weekly.
- A maximum of 12 students per online class
- Between 30 and 60 minutes of homework set each night, with individual feedback offered on students’ homework and progress each week
- Progress assessed by mini-tests set and marked each week
- Guaranteed progression requires a minimum of 90% programme attendance
- Students require a minimum IELTS score of 4.5, or equivalent test score according to MPW equivalences. For guaranteed progression to the chosen MPW course the English level should not be more than 0.5 IELTS (or equivalent) lower than the stated entry requirements.
- Students will take a diagnostic IELTS test at the beginning of the programme, and another internal IELTS test as part of their end of programme report.
The fee for registered MPW students is £1,499.