AS Level Theatre Studies AQA and Edexcel
- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April
AQA and Edexcel (Pearson)
Length of Course
4 hours per text or practitioner
9am to 1pm or 2pm to 6pm daily
This course will focus upon the examined part of the AS syllabus. Each 4-hour text session will be devoted to an analysis of the respective text’s key themes, of historical productions where relevant and of the processes of production. We will also focus upon examination technique and exemplar material.
- Monday 9am to 1pm: A Doll’s House, Ibsen
- Tuesday 9am to 1pm: Oh What a Lovely War, Theatre Workshop
- Wednesday 9am to 1pm: Antigone, Sophocles
- Thursday 9am to 1pm: Stanislavski and Naturalism
- Friday 9am to 1pm: The Taming of the Shrew, Shakespeare
N.B. Other texts may be available on request and you are encouraged to telephone with your requirements.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.