A Level Chemistry
- Week 1: Monday 29 March – Friday 2 April
- Week 2: Monday 5 – Friday 9 April
- Week 3: Monday 12 – Friday 16 April
OCR A H432
Length of Course
9am to 6pm daily
The course will cover revision of the core topics at AS and A level with emphasis on the latter.
AS topics covered:
- Amount of substance
- Acid–base and redox reactions
- Bonding and structure
- Group 2 and the halogens
- Enthalpy changes
- Reaction rates and equilibrium (qualitative)
- Alcohols and haloalkanes
- Analytical techniques (IR and MS)
A level topics covered:
- Rate equations
- Equilibrium constants Kc and Kp
- Acids, bases and buffers
- Enthalpy, entropy and free energy
- Redox and electrode potentials
- Aromatic compounds
- Carbonyl compounds
- Carboxylic acids and esters
- Nitrogen compounds
- Spectroscopy (NMR)
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.