A Level French Edexcel
- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Length of Course
9am to 6pm daily
The aim of this French revision course is to develop sound exam techniques while revising the A level content as per the Edexcel (Pearson) specification. Particular attention will be given to grammar and vocabulary related to the following prescribed topics:
- Changes in French-speaking society: family, education, work
- Artistic culture in the French-speaking world: cinema, music, festivals
- Immigration and the multicultural society
- The Occupation and the French Resistance: Vichy, Charles de Gaulle, Jean Moulin
- Describing a film and a book: Techniques on writing about a French film and book
Two hours each day will be devoted to the various aspects of French grammar which cause most difficulty. These will include: verb tenses; use of indicative and subjunctive; conditional and “if” clauses; use of infinitive; passive; pronouns; articles; adjectives; adverbs and prepositions.
The remaining hours will be spent working on board-specific exam preparation as follows:
Paper 1: Listening, Reading and Writing
Students will be set tasks from past papers requiring nonverbal answers (e.g. true or false exercises) as well as responses in both English and French.
Reading and Writing Section
Students will be set exam-like tasks requiring non-verbal answers and responses in French. They will also be given translations tasks and cloze tests from past papers, i.e. exercises testing their knowledge.
Paper 2: Written response to works and translation
Students will practise their writing skills and translation skills by answering exam-like questions based on the A level topics above. They will receive feedback and advice on how
to write essays in French.
Paper 3: Speaking
As in the exam, speaking practice will include oral questions on articles and photos printed on stimulus cards, as well as general conversation on the Independent Research project
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.