A Level Music Edexcel
- Week 2: Monday 1 April – Friday 5 April
- Week 3: Monday 8 April – Friday 12 April
Edexcel (Pearson) 9MU0
Length of Course
Subject to requirements and availability.
Component 3 9MU/03 Appraising Set Works
The following can be studied:
- J. S. Bach, Cantata, Ein feste Burg
- Mozart, The Magic Flute
- Vaughan Williams, On Wenlock Edge
- Vivaldi, Concerto in D minor, Op. 3 No. 11
- Clara Wieck-Schumann, Piano Trio in G minor, Op. 17: movement 1
- Berlioz, Symphonie Fantastique
Music for Film
- Danny Elfman, Batman Returns
- Rachel Portman, The Duchess
- Bernard Herrmann, Psycho
Popular Music and Jazz
- Courtney Pine, Back in the Day
- Kate Bush, Hounds of Love
- Beatles, Revolver
- Debussy, Estampes
- Familia Valera Miranda, Caña Quema
- Anoushka Shankar, Breathing Under Water
- Cage, Three Dances for Two Prepared Pianos
- Kaija Saariaho, Petals for Violoncello and Live Electronics
- Stravinsky, The Rite of Spring
Certain AQA and OCR topics can also be covered in board-specific groups. Ask the Course Director for further details.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.