A Level Religious Studies Edexcel
- Week 1: Monday 25 March – Friday 29 March
- Week 2: Monday 1 April – Friday 5 April
- Week 3: Monday 8 April – Friday 12 April
Edexcel (Pearson) 9RS0
Length of Course
8 hour seminars
9am to 6pm daily
1: Philosophy of Religion
- Religious Language: analogy and symbol; verification and falsification debates; language games
- The work of scholars: critiques of religious belief; Russell and Copleston
- Influences of developments in religious belief: life after death across religious traditions; religion and science
2: Religion and Ethics
- Ethical Language: Meta-ethics; the relationship between religion and morality
- Deontology, virtue ethics and the work of scholars (Kant, Aristotle)
- Medical Ethics: beginning and ending of life issues
3: Study of Christianity
- Social and historical developments: science; secularisation; new movements in theology
- Works of scholars: Atonement theory; Karl Barth and John Hick
- Religion and Society: Pluralism and diversity; equality and discrimination – gender
If any candidates require the A level AQA or OCR (reformed), they should contact the college.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.