- Week 1: Monday 25 March – Friday 29 March
- Week 2: Monday 1 April – Friday 5 April
- Week 3: Monday 8 April – Friday 12 April
Length of Course
2pm to 6pm daily
The course provides a structured and systematic revision of the essential IGCSE topic areas, vocabulary and grammar. Each day will involve practice in all four IGCSE skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) related to a specific section of the syllabus. German will be used as much as possible in order to consolidate the students’ awareness of the rubrics they will face in the IGCSE examination. Translation practice is also given special attention in the revision sessions.
The following aspects of grammar will be covered:
- Cases and case endings
- Adjectives (gender and number agreement, position, comparisons)
- Verbs (present tense, perfect tense, imperfect tense, future)
- Pronouns (relative, personal, possessive)
- Sentence StructureFor more advanced students:
- Conditional and If clauses
- Use of the infinitive
- Prepositions, conjunctions, time
These grammatical concepts will be explained in the context of the topics and themes outlined below to help students become adept at using them in conversational and written contexts.
The course programme is as follows:
Personal & Social Life
Myself, family and friends
Free time and social activities
Life at home
Food and drink
Health and fitness
The World Around Us
Home town and local area
The environment and society
The World of Work
Further education and work
Language and communication in the work place
The International World
Travel at home and abroad
World events and issues
If you are taking GCSE German please contact us and a separate course may be created subject to demand.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.