- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April
Based on Edexcel (Pearson) specification, but suitable for all IGCSE Physics specifications.
Length of Course
2pm to 6pm daily
The course examines key topic areas and extensive use will be made of previous questions to illustrate relevant principles. The course will focus on exam technique and relating principles to applications. It will not be suitable for students studying IGCSE Double Award or for those studying Additional Science.
The course will cover the following topics:
Forces and Motion
- Movement and Position
- Forces, Movement, Shape and Momentum
- Mains electricity
- Energy and potential difference in circuits
- Electric charge
- Properties of waves
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- Light and sound
Energy resources and energy transfer
- Energy transfer
- Work and power
- Energy resources and electricity generation
Solids, liquids and gases
- Density and pressure
- Change of state
- Ideal gas molecules
Magnetism and electromagnetism
Radioactivity and particles
- Motion in the universe
- Stellar evolution
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.