Getting into University of Birmingham with NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) at MPW Birmingham
Why University of Birmingham?
Founded in 1900, the University of Birmingham is one of the UK’s oldest universities with a proud history of academic achievement. As a member of the UK Russell Group and a research-led institution, Birmingham prides itself for its outstanding teaching and research quality. In the recent UK-wide assessment of the quality of research in universities, 28% of its research was rated as world-leading and a further 53% rated internationally excellent.
Fast facts about the University of Birmingham:
- In the latest Guardian University Guide 2016 Birmingham is ranked 17th out of 119 institutions surveyed.
- The International Herald Tribune, the global edition of The New York Times, has ranked the University of Birmingham 55th in the world and 9th in UK for post-qualification employability.
- 8 alumni and staff have been recognised with Nobel Prizes.
- The University's 250 acre campus was recently listed in the top ten most beautiful universities in Britain by The Telegraph.
- Home to almost 5,000 international students from over 150 different countries, Birmingham is one of the largest and most vibrant international student communities in the UK.
How the NCUK IFY can get you there?
If you pass your NCUK IFY, NCUK will guarantee you a place on a suitable programme at one of their partner universities. The entry criteria varies for each of their universities, so where you are placed will depend on how well you do in your exams. The better you perform, the greater chance you have of getting a place at your first choice.
Why MPW Birmingham?
MPW Birmingham is one of the leading independent 6th form colleges in the West Midlands. The college has a long history of success and students regularly gain places at not only the UK’s top universities but also on specialist degree programmes such as dentistry. MPW Birmingham is a special place to study because it helps inspire and motivate its students to achieve outstanding things. Our goal is to develop the confidence, maturity, knowledge and skills in all of our students, seeing them as individuals with their own unique talents. We endeavour to create a learning culture in which our students feel valued and enjoy working hard. We have high expectations and provide an academically disciplined College in which to learn.