A Level Business Studies (AQA 2310)
- Week 1: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 2: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
- Week 3: Monday 18 April – Friday 22 April]
(Good Friday is 15 April; Easter Monday is 18 April)
Length of Course
17.5 hours for AS Level
35 hours for A Level
9.00am to 12.30pm or 1.00pm to 4.30pm daily
This revision course, like previous courses, is intended to reinforce individual areas of weakness and to focus heavily on exam practice to develop the techniques necessary to produce high exam scores. The following course outlines can be varied in line with the requirements of a particular student cohort.
- What is Business? Managers, Leadership and Decision Making (AS):
Common Objectives, business forms, external environment, leadership, decision making, stakeholders.
- Decision Making to Improve Marketing Performance (AS):
Marketing objectives, understanding markets, positioning, marketing mix.
- Decision Making to Improve Operational Performance (AS):
Operational objectives, operational performance, efficiency and productivity, improving quality, inventory and supply chains.
- Decision Making to Improve Financial Performance (AS):
Setting financial objectives, analysing financial objectives, sources of finance, improving cash flow.
- Decision Making to Improve Human Resource Performance (AS):
Setting HR objectives, analysing HR performance, improving organisation, motivation, employee relations.
- Analysing the Strategic Position of a Business (2nd Year):
Mission, corporate objectives and strategy, internal/external position, external opportunities and threats, the competitive environment.
- Ratio Analysis and Investment Appraisal (2nd Year):
Key Ratios, Quantitative measure, Payback, NPV, ARR.
- Choosing Strategic Direction (2nd Year):
Strategic direction, strategic positioning, markets and products.
- Strategic Methods: How to Pursue Strategies (2nd Year):
Change in scale, innovation, internationalisation, digital technology.
- Managing Strategic Change (2nd Year):
Managing change, Organisational culture. Strategic implementation, problems with strategy and why they fail.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Birmingham was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.