GCSE English Language
- Week 1: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April
- Week 2: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April
- Week 3: Monday 17 April – Friday 21 April
(Good Friday is 7 April 2023; Easter Monday is 10 April 2023)
Suitable for all exam boards.
Length of Course
Five half day sessions, 20 hours total.
9.00am to 12.30pm or 1.00pm to 4.30pm daily.
This course provides help with essential skills for the various GCSE English Language examinations. Examples of exercises will be taken from a variety of examination papers with the aim of meeting the needs of all those who enrol.
The following areas will be covered. The length of time spent on each one may vary slightly in order to take into account, as far as possible, the wishes of the students.
- Different types of examination questions.
- Examination technique.
- What examiners are looking for.
- Essay writing skills – planning, structuring and checking.
- Literary comprehensions.
- Writing from a stimulus.
- Using specified forms (e.g. diary, letter, talk, leaflet).
- Revision tips and guidance.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Birmingham was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.