A Level Mathematics · Edexcel (Pearson)
Week 1: Monday 30 March - Friday 3 April
Week 2: Monday 6 - Friday 10 April
Week 3: Monday 13 - Friday 17 April
Edexcel 9MA0 (A Level New Specification)
Length of Course
9am to 6pm daily
The course examines key topic areas and extensive use will be made of practice questions to illustrate relevant principles. Revision notes and model answers will be provided where appropriate.
The course consists of:
The following two courses are board-specific for the NEW Edexcel A level specification (9MA0).
1. Pure Maths (Papers 1 & 2)
- Algebra and functions
- Coordinate geometry in the (x, y) plane
- Sequences and series
- Exponentials and logarithms
- Numerical methods
2. Applied Maths (Paper 3)
- Statistical sampling;
- Data presentation and interpretation;
- Statistical Distributions;
- Statistical hypothesis testing;
- Quantities and units in mechanics;
- Forces and Newton’s laws
Particular emphasis will be placed on the topic areas students generally find most difficult.