AS Level Chemistry
- Week 1: Monday 29 March – Friday 2 April
- Week 2: Monday 5 – Friday 9 April
- Week 3: Monday 12 – Friday 16 April
OCR A H032
Length of Course
9am to 1pm daily
The course focuses on topics that many students find difficult. Extensive use is made of past exam questions (from the old specification) to emphasise answering techniques. Revision notes and model answers will be provided, where appropriate.
The course will cover the following:
Module 2: Foundations in Chemistry
- Atoms, compounds, molecules and equations
- Amount of substance
- Acid–base and redox reactions
- Electrons, bonding and structure
Module 3: Periodic Table and Energy
- The periodic table and periodicity
- Group 2 and the halogens
- Qualitative analysis
- Enthalpy changes
- Reaction rates and equilibrium (qualitative)
Module 4: Core Organic Chemistry
- Basic concepts
- Alcohols and haloalkanes
- Organic synthesis
- Analytical techniques (IR and MS)
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.