AS Level English Literature
- Week 1: 27 March – 31 March
- Week 2: 3 April – 7 April
- Week 3: 10 April – 14 April
Length of Course
8 hour seminars or 4 hour seminars (where advertised)
9am to 6pm daily
The texts offered are selected on the basis of popularity and difficulty from those set by all three examination boards. Text seminars will be one day in length. Such intense immersion over the course of the day encourages full ownership of the texts studied. The morning session will be devoted to developing an understanding of the respective text’s key themes, putting the text in its historical context and providing character studies. The afternoon session will include the careful analysis of exam papers, their formats and their rubric. Attention will be paid to the
context options, where appropriate, and the seminars will conclude with the planning out of answers to past and future examination questions.
The timetable will be as follows:
- Monday 27 March The Tempest
- Tuesday 28 March Hamlet
- Wednesday 29 March The Great Gatsby
- Thursday 30 March The Homecoming (Pinter)
- Friday 31 March The Merchant’s Tale
- Monday 3 April Measure For Measure
- Tuesday 4 April Twelfth Night
- Wednesday 5 April Streetcar Named Desire
- Thursday 6 April 1984 (Orwell)
- Friday 7 April Paradise Lost books IX & X
- Monday 10 April Coriolanus
- Tuesday 11 April Richard III
- Wednesday 12 April The History Boys (Bennett)
- Thursday 13 April Mrs Dalloway (Woolf)
- Friday 14 April The Bloody Chamber (Carter)
If you require any other texts, please do not hesitate to get in touch with one of our Course Directors.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.