AS Level English Literature
- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Length of Course
8 hour seminars or 4 hour seminars (where advertised)
9am to 6pm daily
The texts offered are selected on the basis of popularity and difficulty from those set by all three examination boards. Text seminars will be one day in length. Such intense immersion over the course of the day encourages full ownership of the texts studied. The morning session will be devoted to developing an understanding of the respective text’s key themes, putting the text in its historical context and providing character studies. The afternoon session will include the careful analysis of exam papers, their formats and their rubric. Attention will be paid to the
context options, where appropriate, and the seminars will conclude with the planning out of answers to past and future examination questions.
The timetable will be as follows:
- Monday 29 March The Tempest
- Tuesday 30 March Hamlet
- Wednesday 31 March The Great Gatsby
- Thursday 1 April The Homecoming (Pinter)
- Friday 2 April The Merchant’s Tale
- Monday 5 April Measure For Measure
- Tuesday 6 April Twelfth Night
- Wednesday 7 April Streetcar Named Desire
- Thursday 8 April 1984 (Orwell)
- Friday 9 April Paradise Lost books IX & X
- Monday 12 April Coriolanus
- Tuesday 13 April Richard III
- Wednesday 14 April The History Boys (Bennett)
- Thursday 15 April Mrs Dalloway (Woolf)
- Friday 16 April The Bloody Chamber (Carter)
If you require any other texts, please do not hesitate to get in touch with one of our Course Directors.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.