AS Level Philosophy
- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Length of Course
8 hour seminars
9am to 6pm daily
- What is knowledge? The tripartite view, Gettier problems and analyses of knowledge.
- Perception as a source of knowledge. Direct realism, indirect realism and idealism.
- Reason as a source of knowledge. Innatism and the intuition and deduction thesis.
- The limits of knowledge. The distinction between normal incredulity and philosophical scepticism.
2. Moral philosophy
- Normative ethical theories. Utilitarianism, Kantian deontological ethics, Aristotelian virtue ethics.
- Applied ethics. Applying normative ethical theories to the issues of stealing, simulated killing, eating animals and telling lies.
- Meta-ethics. Moral realism and moral anti-realism.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.