A Level Theatre Studies AQA and Edexcel
- Week 1: Monday 25 March – Friday 29 March
- Week 2: Monday 1 April – Friday 5 April
- Week 3: Monday 8 April – Friday 12 April
AQA and Edexcel (Pearson)
Length of Course
4 hours per text or practitioner
9am to 1pm or 2pm to 6pm daily
This course will focus upon the examined part of the A level syllabus. Each 4-hour text session will be devoted to an analysis of the respective text’s key themes, of historical productions where relevant and of the processes of production. We will also focus upon examination technique and exemplar material.
- 9am to 1pm: Hedda Gabler, Henrik Ibsen
- 2pm to 6pm: The Caucasian Chalk Circle, Bertolt Brecht
- 9am to 1pm: Accidental Death of an Anarchist, Dario Fo
- 2pm to 6pm: Jerusalem, Jez Butterworth
- 9am to 1pm: A Servant to Two Masters, Carlo Goldoni
- 2pm to 6pm: Yerma Federico García Lorca
- 9am to 1pm: The Glass Menagerie, Tennessee Williams
- 2pm to 6pm: Much Ado About Nothing, Shakespeare
- 9am to 1pm: Metamorphosis, Steven Berkoff
- 2pm to 6pm Our Country’s Good, Timberlake Wertenbaker
N.B. If Cloud Nine, Caryl Churchill or Brontë, Polly Teale are required then please contact the Course Director.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.