IGCSE Science (Double Award) (9-1)
Week 1: 1 April – 5 April
Week 2: 8 April – 12 April
Week 3: 15 April – 19 April
Based on Edexcel (Pearson) specification, but suitable for all IGCSE Science specifications. This award for this specification is graded on the new 9-1 scale.
Length of Course
20 or 30 hours
9am to 4pm or 11am to 6pm daily
Not suitable for students studying GCSE, as opposed to IGCSE
The IGCSE Science Double Award course is modular in structure and students can opt to take either two or all three modules. Each module is 10 hours in duration, spread over the week, i.e. two hours daily.
This course aims to cover key topics in the IGCSE Science Double Award course. Extensive use will be made of available specimen papers and suitable past paper questions.
Please note that this course is not suitable for Single Award students, who should consider our separate Science courses.
On this course we will be covering aspects of the following:
- The nature and variety of living organisms
- Structures and functions in living organisms
- Reproduction and inheritance
- Ecology and the environment
- Use of biological resources
- Principles of chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Forces and motion
- Energy resources and energy transfer
- Solids, liquids and gases
- Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Radioactivity and particles
Please indicate clearly on the registration form which of these modules you wish to revise.