- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Length of Course
9am to 1pm daily
This course is suitable only for students studying single GCSE Physics with AQA (8463). It is not suitable for those students studying AQA Science or Additional Science or Physics specifications with other exam boards. This award for this specification is graded on the new 9-1 scale.
Please note that students can be entered for either higher tier or foundation tier exams for this specification. This course will be delivered to higher tier standard.
- Energy changes in a system, and the ways energy is stored before and after such changes
- Conservation and dissipation of energy
- National and global energy resources
- Current, potential difference and resistance
- Series and parallel circuits
- Domestic uses and safety
- Energy transfers
- Static electricity
Particle model of matter
- Changes of state and the particle model
- Internal energy and energy transfers
- Particle model and pressure
- Atoms and isotopes
- Atoms and nuclear radiation
- Hazards and uses of radioactive emissions and of background radiation
- Nuclear fission and fusion
- Forces and their interactions
- Work done and energy transfer
- Forces and elasticity
- Moments, levers and gears
- Pressure and pressure differences in fluids
- Forces and motion
- Waves in air, fluids and solid
- Electromagnetic waves
- Black body radiation
Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Permanent and induced magnetism, magnetic forces and fields
- The motor effect
- Induced potential, transformers and the National Grid
- Solar system; stability of orbital motions; satellites
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW London was judged as Excellent in all areas by ISI.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.