GCSE Course Outlines
This course provides help with essential skills for the various GCSE English Language examinations. Examples of exercises will be taken from a variety of examination papers with the aim of meeting the needs of all those who enrol.
The following areas will be covered. The length of time spent on each one may vary slightly in order to take into account, as far as possible, the wishes of the students.
- Different types of examination questions
- Examination technique
- What examiners are looking for
- Essay writing skills – planning, structuring and checking
- Literary comprehensions
- Non-Literary comprehensions; analysing language and arguments; summarising
- Writing from a stimulus; stories and imaginative responses
- Writing from a stimulus; using specified forms (e.g. diary, letter, talk, leaflet); revision tips and guidance