Length of course: 5 half-day or quarter-day sessions
Boards: Suitable for all boards
The course aims to provide a structured and systematic revision of the essential GCSE/IGCSE topic areas, vocabulary and grammar.
As some schools will have already completed the Writing and Speaking units prior to the Easter
holidays, each course will be divided into two sessions. Students may book one or both sessions, as appropriate.
Session 1, 1.5 hours: Listening and Reading Comprehension
Session 2, 1.5 hours: Writing and Speaking
The aim of the course is to give plenty of exam practice in the above skills while consolidating vocabulary and grammatical knowledge. The areas and topics will be selected from the following and adapted to the group’s needs.
- Present tense
- Adjectives and their agreements
- Past tenses
- Future tense/near future tense
- Conditional tense
- Home – local area, family and the environment
- Lifestyle – health, relationships, choices, fashion, food and drink
- Leisure – free time, the media
- Holidays – travel, sport, tourism
- Work – education, school, future plans, jobs