University of London Foundation
As an approved institution to teach the University of London International Foundation programme, MPW London provides an ideal route to equip international students with the skills and knowledge required for the rigours of undergraduate study.
This one-year programme is structured with a strong emphasis on the development of academic skills and also encourages active learning by engaging with relevant and contemporary issues.
Classroom teaching is supported by comprehensive study materials and resources developed by the University of London including access to the virtual learning environment.
This programme consists of four Level 3 (A level standard) courses selected from the following subjects:
- Mathematics and Statistics*
- International Relations
- Pure Mathematics
Upon successful completion, students are awarded a University of London foundation certificate.
*Students aiming to progress on to Economics, Finance or Maths-based degree courses will need to take this module.
Celebrating six years of success
2020 marked six years of our International Foundation Programme, run in conjunction with the University of London. In that time, our students have gone on to fulfil their academic aspirations at the best universities in the UK and internationally.
University of London Universities and popular degree progressions for MPW IFP students:
- King’s College London: International Relations, Politics and Economics
- Birbeck: Law
- Cass Business School: Economics, Banking and International Finance
- City University: International Politics, Mathematics, Finance
- LSE: Politics, Philosophy and Economics
- Queen Mary’s, University of London: Law, Business Management
- Royal Holloway: Business and Management and Economics
- SOAS: Politics and Economics
- University College London: Statistics and Management for Business
Written and assessed by the University of London
Accepted by more leading universities than any other foundation Social science focused incl. law, business, economics & politics
Top UK university progression includes:
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE),
- King’s College London,
- University of Manchester
- University of York
"The teachers were always incentivising us to learn extra topics independently and to discuss these in class. Being interested in class helped me get offers from the universities I was aiming at, such as SOAS, Queen Mary and City University."
"At MPW, I met brilliant teachers, who were able to prepare me for the competitive exams at the end of the year. As a result, I have received four offers from top universities: King’s College, SOAS, City University and Queen Mary."