A Level Spanish
- Week 1: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April
- Week 2: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April
- Week 3: Monday 17 April – Friday 21 April
(Good Friday is 7 April 2023; Easter Monday is 10 April 2023)
Suitable for all exam boards.
Length of Course
Five full days, 40 hours total.
9.00am to 12.30pm or 1.00pm to 4.30pm daily.
Our Spanish revision course is skill-specific as opposed to board or topic specific. The aim of this course is to:
- develop understanding of the spoken and written forms of Spanish in a range of contexts;
- develop the ability to communicate effectively in Spanish, through both the spoken and
- written word, using a range of vocabulary and structures.
- develop knowledge and understanding of Spanish grammar, and the ability to apply it.
- apply their knowledge and understanding in a variety of relevant contexts which reflect
- their previous learning and maturity.
- develop knowledge and understanding of countries and communities where Spanish is spoken.
- develop positive attitudes to Spanish learning.
- provide a suitable foundation for further study and/or practical use of Spanish.
Each morning and afternoon session incorporates practice of the following examination skills drawing upon AS or A Level material:
- Speaking: oral exams; presentation; general conversation.
- Listening comprehension.
- Reading comprehension.
- Writing: short and long responses; essay writing and task-based responses.
In each session, emphasis is placed on areas of grammar that commonly cause problems for students. Students are set exercises to prepare, paragraphs to write and sentences to translate and are encouraged to memorise key vocabulary and use idiomatic structures in the target language.
Addressing the language component (75-85%) of A Level Modern Language specifications, the course does not give specific coverage to set texts or set films. Where students want help with specific Spanish literature texts or Spanish films, this can usually be accommodated by means of individual tuition.
Please contact the Course Director to discuss your precise requirements. Please provide as much detail as possible on your application to enable tutors to tailor the course to your needs.
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Birmingham was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.