Biology A Level OCR/A for Year 13
Length of course: 5 full-day sessions
Boards: OCR/A H420 only
This course is board-specific for the OCR/A specification (H420).
This course is for Year 13 students only.
This course is not suitable for Year 12 students.
There will be exam practice throughout the course and suggestions for effective ways to tackle examination questions.
- Cell structure
- Biological molecules
- Nucleotides and nucleic acids
- Biological membranes
- Cell division, cell diversity and cellular organisation
- Exchange surfaces
- Transport in animals
- Transport in plants
- Communicable diseases, disease prevention and the immune system
- Classification and evolution
- Communication and homeostasis
- Excretion as an example of homeostatic control
- Neuronal communication
- Hormonal communication
- Plant and animal responses
- Cellular control
- Patterns of inheritance
- Manipulating genomes
- Cloning and biotechnology
- Populations and sustainability