Chemistry A Level AQA for Year 13
Length of course: 5 full-day sessions
Boards: AQA 7405 only
This course is board-specific for the AQA specification (7405).
This course is for A level Year 13 students only.
This course is not suitable for Year 12 students.
Links between topics will be stressed throughout and exam techniques will include how best to approach key mathematical skills questions.
- Atomic structure
- Amount of substance
- Chemical equilibria, Le Chatelier’s principle and Kc
- Oxidation, reduction and redox equations
- Rate equations
- Equilibrium constant Kp for homogeneous systems
- Electrode potentials and electrochemical cells
- Acids and bases
- Group 2, the alkaline earth metals
- Group 7 (17), the halogens
- Properties of Period 3 elements and their oxides
- Transition metals
- Reactions of ions in aqueous solution
- Introduction to organic chemistry
- Alkanes, Halogenoalkanes
- Alkenes, Alcohols
- Organic analysis
- Optical isomerism
- Aldehydes and ketones
- Carboxylic acids and derivatives
- Aromatic chemistry
- Amino acids, proteins and DNA
- Organic synthesis
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy