Geography A Level Edexcel for Year 13
Length of course: 5 half-day sessions
Boards: Edexcel 9GE0 only
This course is suitable only for students following the Edexcel (9GE0) specification.
This course is for A level Year 13 students only.
This course is not suitable for Year 12 students.
Geography fieldwork investigation will not be covered.
Within each topic, knowledge of specific case studies is a requirement. Case studies will vary from school to school, therefore it will be beneficial for both student and tutor if the student brings their case studies to the course.
This course will only cover the compulsory topics within the specification.
The course will cover:
- Tectonic Processes and Hazards (Paper 1)
- The Water Cycle and Water Insecurity (Paper 1)
- The Carbon Cycle and Energy Security (Paper 1)
- Globalisation (Paper 2)
- Superpowers (Paper 2)
- Synoptic assessment using resource booklet (Paper 3)
The course will not cover the optional units, ie:
- Glaciated Landscapes and Change (Paper 1)
- Coastal Landscapes and Change (Paper 1)
- Regenerating Places (Paper 2)
- Diverse Places (Paper 2)
- Health, Human Rights and Intervention (Paper 2)
- Migration, Identity and Sovereignty (Paper 2)