Biology A level OCR/A for Year 13
- Week 1: Monday 29 March – Friday 2 April
- Week 2: Monday 5 – Friday 9 April
- Week 3: Monday 12 – Friday 16 April
Length of Course
9am to 5pm daily
This course is board-specific for the OCR/A specification (H420) and is for Year 13 students only. There will be exam practice throughout the course and suggestions for effective ways to tackle examination questions.
The course will cover the following:
- Cell structure
- Biological molecules
- Nucleotides and nucleic acids
- Biological membranes
- Cell division, cell diversity and cellular organisation
- Exchange surfaces
- Transport in animals
- Transport in plants
- Communicable diseases, disease prevention and the immune system
- Classification and evolution
- Communication and homeostasis
- Excretion as an example of homeostatic control
- Neuronal communication
- Hormonal communication
- Plant and animal responses
- Cellular control
- Patterns of inheritance
- Manipulating genomes
- Cloning and biotechnology
- Populations and sustainability
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.