A level Economics AQA
- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April (including Good Friday)
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April (including Easter Monday)
Length of Course
9am to 5pm daily
This course is board-specific for the AQA specification (7136) and is for Year 13 students only. Exam technique practice will focus on both qualitative and quantitative evaluation of evidence.
Correct application of the economics toolkit will be emphasised throughout. This process involves identifying issues, defining key economic terms, developing application of a theoretical framework and effectively evaluating the overall argument.
The course will cover the following:
- Economic methodology and the economic problem
- Price determination in a competitive market
- Production, costs and revenue
- Competitive and concentrated markets
- The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets
- The measurement of macroeconomic performance
- How the macroeconomy works: the circular flow of income, AD/AS analysis, and related concepts
- Economic performance: unemployment, inflation, economic growth
- Macroeconomic policies and conflicts
- Individual economic decision making
- Perfect competition, imperfectly competitive markets and monopoly
- The labour market
- The distribution of income and wealth: poverty and inequality
- Financial markets and monetary policy
- Fiscal policy and supply-side policies
- The international economy
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.