Geography A level Edexcel for Year 13
- Week 1: Monday 28 March – Friday 1 April
- Week 2: Monday 4 April – Friday 8 April
- Week 3: Monday 11 April – Friday 15 April
Length of Course
9am to 12.30pm and/or 1.30pm to 5pm daily
This course is suitable only for students following the Edexcel (9GE0) specification and is for Year 13 students only.
Geography fieldwork investigation will not be covered. Within each topic, knowledge of specific case studies is a requirement. Case studies will vary from school to school, therefore it will be beneficial for both student and tutor if the student brings their case studies to the course.
This course will only cover the compulsory topics within the specification
The course will cover:
- Tectonic Processes and Hazards (Paper 1)
- The Water Cycle and Water Insecurity (Paper 1)
- The Carbon Cycle and Energy Security (Paper 1)
- Globalisation (Paper 2)
- Superpowers (Paper 2)
- Synoptic assessment using resource booklet (Paper 3)
The course will not cover the optional units, ie:
- Glaciated Landscapes and Change (Paper 1)
- Coastal Landscapes and Change (Paper 1)
- Regenerating Places (Paper 2)
- Diverse Places (Paper 2)
- Health, Human Rights and Intervention (Paper 2)
- Migration, Identity and Sovereignty (Paper 2)
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.