A level Geography OCR
- Week 1: Monday 27 March – Friday 31 March
- Week 2: Monday 3 April – Friday 7 April (including Good Friday)
- Week 3: Monday 10 April – Friday 14 April (including Easter Monday)
Length of Course
5 half-day sessions
This course is board-specific for the OCR A level specification (H481) and is for A Level Year 13 students only.
Geography fieldwork investigation will not be covered.
Within each topic, knowledge of specific case studies is a requirement. Case studies will vary from school to school, therefore it will be beneficial for both student and tutor if the student brings their case studies to the course. This course will only cover the compulsory topics within the specification.
The course will cover:
- Component 1 – Physical Systems: Earth’s Life Support Systems
- Component 2 – Human interactions: Changing Spaces; Making Places
- Geographical Skills
The course will not cover the optional units, ie:
- Component 1 – Physical: Landscape systems: Coastal Landscapes
- Component 1 – Physical: Landscape systems: Glaciated Landscapes
- Component 1 – Physical: Landscape systems: Dryland Landscapes
- Component 2 – Human: Global Connections – Trade in the Contemporary World
- Component 2 – Human: Global Connections – Global Migration
- Component 2 – Human: Global Connections – Human Rights
- Component 2 – Human: Global Connections – Power and Borders
- Component 3 – Climate Change
- Component 3 – Physical: Disease Dilemmas
- Component 3 – Exploring Oceans
- Component 3 – Future of Food
- Component 3 – Physical: Hazardous Earth
Discover more at MPW
In their own words - testimonials from our past students and their parents.
MPW Cambridge was judged as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted.
At MPW we believe in making our courses fit the student’s requirements.